No Tech/Low Tech games and activities
Math and Language arts
- Read a book!
- Write a story
- Write a script and put on a play
- Make a meal plan for your family
- Math games:
- Language Arts Games:
- Build your own word search or do one from the newspaper with your family
Science and Social Studies
- Take a journal outside and do some observational journaling. What do you see/smell/hear/feel?
- Bake something!
- Go geocaching or orienteering.
- Map your neighbourhood.
- Plant some plants and draw/measure their growth each day - which plants grow fastest? Make sure to record your observations!
- Make your own Art Attack Big Art using things in your garage (it doesn't have to be huge, though!)
- Turn your sidewalk or driveway into a mosaic using painter's tape and chalk (www.fairfaxfamilyfun.com/chalk-your-walk-get-outside-make-art-spread-cheer.html)
- Make a LEGO sculpture
Bible and Service Projects
- Start a family gratitude journal
- Make pictures or cards for service workers or people in your family
- Send letters to loved ones
- Pick up garbage (Earth Day is Wednesday, April 22!)
- Sing worship songs or silly Bible songs (like "Peace Like a River")
Educational screen time
Resources we've used at school
Kids can listen and read along to books at all different reading levels! Many have an account through school. Find it online at getepic.com, as well as on the Apple Store or the Play Store
Practice your typing skills online! Students who have used this in class have a unique login to track their typing progress.